DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
Cornucopia Paper Craft
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that is easy for young children to make.
- something to color with.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate).
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
I usually let my youngest cut the large pieces (like the pumpkin) and
I cut out the more complicated pieces (like the leaves)
- Glue the pieces together:
- glue the cornucopia opening (large circle-ish shape) onto the
horn part. On the small template, this is already done for
- glue pumpkin, pear, apple and acorn onto the opening of the
cornucopia. You can see in the photo how we did it, but you
can arrange them however you like.
- Glue the leaves around to decorate.
- There is a small template (the craft has fewer and smaller pieces
and fits on one page). The general assembly works the same but
it's a bit quicker to color in and assemble. I always prefer the
full sized templates, but I know some people have limited refrigerator
space so would rather have a smaller version *grin*.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 1 (color)
Template 2 (color)
Template 3 (color)
Template 4 (color)
Template (smaller, one page, version)
Printable version of these instructions