DLTK's Crafts for Kids
3D Thanksgiving Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a cute, simple paper craft that results in a 3D ornament you can hang around the room.
- something to color with (if using the B&W version),
- hole punch,
- string, thread, ribbon or wool.
- Optional: thin cardboard
- Print template of choice and color as necessary.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Fold each piece in half (on the dashed line) so they are all colored
on both the front and the back.
- Optional: Put thin cardboard in between the front and back of each template piece to make them a bit sturdier.
- Glue together so the pieces are colored on both sides.
- 3D Fruits:
- Cut on one of the dotted lines of each template piece (only
cut as far as the dotted line goes, not all the way through the
- Slide the pieces together, top to bottom.
- Glue a piece of ribbon, string or thread onto the top (or hole
punch a small hole and tie a ribbon through). If you hole
punch, do it through the fruit that is cut from the bottom, not
the one that is cut from the top.
- Cornicopia sign:
- punch three holes in the bottom of the cornicopia sign template (one in the center and one on each edge).
- string one fruit through each of the holes so it hangs down from the sign.
- Glue a short string to the bottom of the middle fruit and
then glue it to the top of the fourth fruit so that the fourth
fruit is hanging from the middle fruit.
- Print as many copies of template 2 or 3 as you like and keep adding
fruits to the bottom of the other fruits and the cornicopia sign to make
a very busy scene!
- 'numbers practice' -- count the fruits.
- 'colors practice' -- color the background of each
fruit a different
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions