Crafts > [Bats] [Frankenstein] [Ghosts] [Monsters] [Owls] [Pumpkins] [Spiders] [Treat Bags] [Witches] [Vampires] [Other]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Fold and Cut Ghost Chains
Paper chains make great (disposable) decorations! There are four different Halloween paper chains to choose from:
- Cut a 6 inch wide strip out of as many pieces of white construction paper or white printer paper as you want. The more pieces of paper you cut, the longer the chain will be. I used 4 pieces of construction paper.
- You can either keep these pieces of construction paper seperate and make a few small chains and attach them at the end, or attach the pieces of paper before making one long chain. If you choose to do the second method the paper might be very hard to cut, especially for younger kids.
- If you are keeping the pieces of paper seperate, fold each piece like an accordian. If you aren't keeping them together, still fold the long strip of paper like an accordian.
- Make the folds the width or a bit less than the template pieces, around 2 and 1/2 inches.
- Trace the template piece onto the top fold of each of the pieces of paper or the long strip of paper.
- Cut out -- make sure you don't cut through the folds at the very edge of the image (in the case of the ghost, the hands).
- If you kept the pieces of paper separate, you will have a few small chains. Tape together all of your small chains to make one big chain!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).