DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Sleepy Santa Paper Craft
This is a cute craft of Santa in his pj's wearing his fluffy reindeer slippers. The
kids will get a kick seeing what Santa looks like when he gets ready for bed. It's
a good craft to hang up in their bedrooms.
My girls liked the fact that the Santa Claus paper craft looks the
same as the Sleepy Santa Craft -- we have Sleepy Santa hanging in the
bedroom and Santa Claus hanging by the fireplace. They liked the
candy-cane suspenders too *grin*.
- a printer,
- a piece of paper.
- some crayons, paint, markers
or pencil crayons.
- scissors, and
- Print out the template of choice.
- There is a choice between a large Santa (3 templates) or a small Santa
(1 template). I prefer the large version, but it takes more paper
- You also have a choice between making Santa hold a cookie or making
him hold a "Twas the Night Before Christmas" book.
- Colour (where appropriate) and
cut out the template pieces.
- To glue together:
- Glue reindeer slippers onto the bottom of the large body piece
- Glue the cookie or "Twas the Night Before Christmas" book
(depending on which you choose) onto the tummy
- Glue the arms so the shoulders line up with the top of the body piece
and the hands overlap the cookie or book
- Glue the head onto the top of the body.
- on the large templates, the head is in a few different
pieces. Glue the round face on first.
- add the beard and mustache
- glue the hat/hair on last.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if
you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE,
PRINTER SETUP in
Small Template (choose one of the following):
Large Template (takes three pages):
Printable version of these instructions