DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Sudoku is a logic based number puzzle where a 9x9 grid must be filled in with no numbers repeating in a row, column or square. The ones I've provided on this page all have a winter theme. If your child takes a liking to them, I also have a wide variety of other Sudoku puzzle themes to choose from!
The "easy" Sudoku puzzle is appropriate for preschool and kindergarten students. I find the full fledged Sudoku to be too challenging for most elementary school children so have designed a modified 4x4 grid version with fun themed images (to be honest, I still find the 4x4 sometimes takes me some thought to complete!)
The regular Sudoku puzzle is appropriate for grade 1 to 3 students and is still a fun themed
activity for students in grades 4+.
- Print out the winter themed template of your choice.
- Complete the Sudoku puzzle making sure no image is repeated in a
row, a column or a square. You can draw the images in or just use
the numbers that correspond to the image.
- Alternative: You can print out a copy of the answer key
and cut out the individual squares. Give these squares to the child
to paste onto the puzzle template to solve it (sometimes it is
easier for the kids to solve the puzzles when they have the shapes
in front of them to play with)
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).