DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Winter Crossword Puzzle
Activities such as solving a crossword puzzle are more engaging for most children than doing a test or traditional homework assignments. Teachers, parents or caregivers get great feedback about a child's progress in vocabulary, following instructions, problem solving and forming letters from educational puzzles like these ones.
So have some fun with your kids this winter! Print out the template and solve the clues to fill in the crossword -- there are a variety of choices for different skill levels.
Information on Ages/Skills for the different crossword difficulties:
- Picture Crossword with word list:
- intended for preschool through grade 1 children who are learning to read and form their letters
- children sound out words from the word list and then match them with the picture
- children copy the words from the word list into the crossword
- Picture Crossword (no word list):
- intended for grade 1 through grade 3 children who are learning to spell
- children use the picture clues to figure out the words that go in the crossword
- children print the words from the picture clues into the crossword
- intended for grade 1 through grade 4 children
- children use the written sentence clues and the word list to figure out where the words go in the crossword
- children print the words from the word list into the crossword
- intended for grade 3 and up
- children use the written sentence clues to figure out the crossword
- children print the words into the crossword puzzle.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Picture Crossword - answer key B&W only
Regular Crossword - answer key B&W only
Winter Sports Picture Crossword - answer key B&W only