Other Winter Crafts: [Penguins] [Snowflakes] [Snowmen] [Wreaths] [Other Winter]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Winter Hibernation Craft
Cottonball crafts are always super fun for kids and it is a good way for kids to learn about hibernation.
You can use:
- the template animals I've provided
- wiggly eyes and leave it to the child's imagination what animal is inside (you can even encourage them to do a creative writing story about it -- "I saw two eyes peering out from
inside a dark cave..."
- a paper plate,
- cotton balls,
- black paint,
- wiggly eyes,
- something to color with,
- Cut a paper plate in half and paint the top (what you would eat on) of
one of the halves black. This will be the inside of your cave.
- On the half that you did not paint cut out a "doorway" or entrance.
- Glue cotton balls onto the bottom of both halves of the paper plate to
look like snow. On the half that has the "doorway" make sure to glue the
cotton balls around the entrance.
- Staple or glue both halves together so that both snowy sides are facing
- Glue two wiggly eyes onto the black part of the paper plate so that you
can see it through the "doorway" you cut out.
- Optional: instead of gluing two wiggly eyes into the "doorway" cut out
one of the animals on the template and use that instead.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).