more Valentine Crafts: [Animals] [Bible] [Candy] [Card Holders] [Educational] [Hearts] [Other] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
This flower made from paper hearts is a nice simple craft that toddlers or preschool children will be able to make (if you cut out the pieces for them!). It's a great craft for children to make for Mother's Day or Valentine's Day.
Sometimes parents worry that their children's projects aren't
turning out right... So I thought I'd include a photo of "the real
thing" (see above), to reassure you that nothing's wrong with your
toddler if their coloring is scribbly or their petals are a bit
crooked. At age 2, Kaitlyn's flower wasn't perfect, but she
sure had fun making it and I was very proud to display it!
- Print out the Valentine's Day template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue together the four large hearts to form a flower (the points
should all face towards the middle of the flower).
- Glue the flower to the top of the rectangular stem and the smaller
hearts to the bottom of the stem as leaves.
Alternative Decorating Ideas:
- Use sparkles, sparkle glue, or felt to decorate the "flower".
- Use a pipecleaner or popsicle stick instead of the printed rectangle
template piece for a sturdier stem.
- This craft has nice big pieces, so try using paint rather than crayons
to colour in the template.
- Print a loving message onto a circle of white or yellow construction
paper and paste it to the center of the flower. Give the flower
to someone special instead of a Valentine's card (Grandma's love to
- Use the template for the black and white printer on red or pink
coloured construction paper. Print a second template on white
or green paper and mix & match the pieces.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).