DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Valentine Finger paint Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
Even the youngest crafters can make this project. It's
great for the children in the baby room or toddler room in a daycare
to make and hang from the ceiling.
Thanks to Jenna for sending this idea in!
- finger paint (or tempra paint and brush) in Valentine's colors.
- cotton balls or shredded newspaper.
- IF HANGING: short piece of string, wool or ribbon.
- Print two copies of the template (or just draw your hearts freehand
but make them the same size). Do not cut out yet.
- Let the children paint the templates with finger paints or a brush
and tempra paint.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut out the hearts (adults will need to help with this).
- Staple all the way around the edge of the hearts, leaving an opening
at the top.
- Stuff hearts with shredded paper (kids age 3+ love to help with
- Finish stapling the heart closed.
- staple a short piece of string to the top to hang from the ceiling.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions