more Valentine Crafts: [Animals] [Bible] [Candy] [Card Holders] [Educational] [Hearts] [Other] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Stained Glass Heart Craft
Use this as a craft you can hang in your window or make it as a card for a special friend.
Optional: use clear contact paper instead of waxed paper. This is a bit more expensive, but eliminates the need for
glue so is not as messy.
- waxed paper,
- tissue paper (pinks, reds, whites)
- construction paper,
- glue stick.
- Tear tissue paper into 1 inch squares (ish).
- Take a square piece of waxed paper.
- Glue the tissue paper to the waxed paper in a random fashion.
- Let dry.
- Take a piece of construction paper and fold in half.
- Crease well.
- Fold in half again, but this time, don't crease it very much (the
less you crease it the better, but young children may need it
creased quite well).
- Cut out a half heart shape. You can do this freehand or draw
it on for small children to cut out.
- Cut the waxed/tissue paper creation so it fits inside.
- Open up the construction paper.
- Use a glue stick to trace around the heart shape on one side of
the construction paper.
- Glue the waxed paper down.
- Trace around the other heart (on the other side of the construction paper) and around the edges of the construction paper and fold down so the waxed paper is sandwiched.