DLTK's Valentine's Day Crafts for
Easy Valentine's Day Kleenex Box Cover
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
- thin cardboard (old cereal boxes work well!)
- something to color with (if using B&W template)
- Print out the Valentine's Day templates of choice (you can use all the same template
so you have the same picture on all sides, or you can mix and match!)
-- you need 4 templates to make one kleenex box.
- Colour the pieces, as necessary.
- Glue the pieces onto squares of thin cardboard (old cereal
boxes). Using a glue stick instead of white glue keeps the paper
from wrinkling. If you are using white glue, put the glue onto
the cardboard, not the template and then spread it around so it's a
very thin layer.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Optional: cover with clear contact paper (this makes it water
proof). Contact paper can be purchased in rolls at your local
office supply store.
- Optional: Score the tabs -- to do this, flip the template over so
the cardboard is up. Put a ruler down to help you keep a straight
line. Using scissors or a butter knife, run along the ruler pressing
hard to make it easier to fold the edges. This step may require adult
- Fold the tabs.
- Use glue or tape to attach the tabs of one template to the untabbed side
of the next to form a box.
- Slip it over top a square kleenex box! (it squashes flat for easy
storage so you can pull it out next Valentine's Day).
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Happy Valentine's Day 1 (color)
Happy Valentine's Day 2 (color)
Printable version of these instructions