more Valentine Crafts: [Animals] [Bible] [Candy] [Card Holders] [Educational] [Hearts] [Other] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Heart Wreath
Grown ups know a million magical things that
we don't always consider so magical once we're grown ups.
One of these things is how to cut lovely little hearts out of
construction paper. This is the perfect project for sharing
that skill with your kids.
- construction paper (various colors)
- a paper plate.
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut"
shape. This will form the base of the wreath. (This
may require adult assistance.
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half or in 1/4s (for
young crafters, folding in half is challenging enough -- more
experienced crafters can fold 3 or 4 times to make hearts in
- Cut a half heart shape out of the construction paper along the folded edge.
- Unfold your cut out shape and you'll have a perfect little heart.
- Repeat this process many times -- as you get better, you can make 2 or three hearts at once simply by folding your paper more times.
- Glue your construction paper hearts to completely cover
your paper plate "donut".
- You can tie a bow and paste it on to decorate further.
- You can put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.