This is an easy color, cut and paste paper craft that creates a cute pair of heart glasses for you to wear on Valentine's Day.
The glasses are a little bit adjustable -- the small version should suit most preschool and kindergarten children's faces. The regular version should work for most other people.
- something to color with,
- Optional: light cardboard like cardstock or empty cereal boxes.
- Print out the Valentine's Day template of choice.
- Optional: Glue the template pieces onto thin pieces of cardboard and let dry. I actually like to skip this part -- I think they're fine just made from paper but it depends on how long you want the glasses to last.
- Color (if making the black and white craft).
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Cut out the inside heart from each set of glasses so you can see through them. This will require help from an older child or adult.
- Tape the two sides together in the middle. You can tape them a little closer or further apart depending on how wide your face is.
Option for mass-producing - young children: Print out the B&W template. Trace the pieces onto stiff cardboard (back of paper pads works well) or margarine/ice cream container lids. Cut out to make permanent templates. Allow the children to trace these permanent templates onto different colors of construction paper to make their glasses. Decorate with stickers.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).