DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Folded Heart Valentine's Day Cards
This is an easy color, cut and paste paper craft that folds from a heart shape into a
cute little envelope. It's a simple, but terrific way to share your Valentine's Day messages. Young children find it quite magical that the square unfolds into a heart shape.
- something to print a message with,
- Optional: Stickers or small paper heart plus stamp glue.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Cut out the heart.
- Fold so the decorative side is on the outside, using the dotted lines on the template as a guide:
- Fold the lumps on the top down first. Crease well (slide your finger over the fold so it makes a nice, crisp crease).
- Fold the edges of the heart in towards the middle. Crease well.
- Fold the point of the heart up to complete a little square envelope. Crease well.
- Write a Valentine's Day message on the plain side of the heart within the square created by the fold lines.
- Refold (it will be easy this time because of all the creases).
- Seal with a Valentine's Day sticker or a small cut out paper heart and glue or
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one
page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Folded Heart Message template
Printable version of these instructions