DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Lollipop Dragonfly Paper Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple dragonfly paper craft that uses a lollipop as the head and body.
You can use cardstock or a heavier paper to make the petals (just trace the template) but, in my opinion, construction paper works best for children.
I find cardstock is too difficult for young kids to cut out and scrapbooking paper is expensive.
- paper (construction paper is my favourite for this project)
- scotch tape and glue
- lollipop (we used
tootsie roll brand)
Directions - three dimensional craft:
- Print out the template of choice or cut these out freehand
(they're very easy -- if you can cut out construction paper hearts,
you don't need a template).
- Cut out 12 similarly sized hearts from different coloured paper.
We used red and white construction paper.
- You can use the template pieces.
- Glue or tape three valentines together (overlapping) to
make a long dragonfly wing.
- Repeat until you have 4 wings.
- Tape the wings, two per side, slightly angled on either
side of the body.
- Cut out a small heart and glue it on where all of the
wings connect (to cover the pieces of tape and tidy up that
area of the craft).
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Candy Dragonfly Template
Printable version of these instructions