DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This "lovely candle" is made with a toilet paper
tube, a printer and a little imagination. If you do not have a
printer, just take a peek at the templates and draw the pieces out
- cardboard roll
- something to color with
- Print out the Valentine's Day template of choice.
- Colour (if making the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue the flame to the top of the "candle".
- Glue on the hearts in whatever way you choose to decorate
the candle and/or the "doily".
- Set the candle on top of the round piece (the doily) so you
don't get imaginary wax all over the place!
Alternative Decorating Ideas:
- Use sparkles, sparkle glue, or felt to decorate or in place of some of
- Use pieces of lace or ribbon to trim the bottom of the candle or the
edge of the doily.
- Use the template for the black and white printer on white paper and
colour in the pieces with crayon, marker, paint, etc.
- Use the template for the black and white printer on coloured
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions