DLTK's Crafts for Kids:
Pumpkin Treat Carton
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This makes a wonderful container to send home treats after a Halloween
party at school, daycare or your home. Or make a few of these
special treat containers for your good friends and deliver them while you
are trick or treating!
- an empty 2 L (1/2 gallon) milk carton,
- a printer (optional),
- glue or tape,
- black construction paper.
- Print out the template of choice. We made the pieces just by
cutting them out of construction paper, but you're welcome to use the
- Cut out the pieces.
- Cut the top off a milk carton and discard the top (or save it for a
different craft). You can cut off as much of the top as you like...
it depends on how tall you want your container to be.
- Cover your milk carton with orange construction paper (it takes about 2
- Tape or glue the eyes, nose, mouth, leaves and stem onto the front.
- Cut out a strip of cardboard or construction paper about 10 inches long
and glue to the sides of the container to use as a handle (or use the
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble
fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions