DLTK's Crafts for Kids:
Pumpkin Candy Pouches
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
There are two options to this craft... one's a bit easier than the other. These are cute to give out to kids at school or at
OPTION 1 - easier (Pictured above)
- Orange tissue paper.
- Black construction paper.
- green yarn
- small wrapped candies (I can fit one chocolate bar and a variety of small candies in this pouch)
- Cut a square of tissue paper about 6"x6".
- Pile some candies in the center.
- Bunch up the edges and tie with yarn.
- Cut face pieces out of black construction paper and glue to 'pumpkin'.
- Orange Tissue paper or crepe paper.
- round balloon
- Black construction paper or marker
- white glue and paint brush
- small wrapped candies.
- Blow up balloon so it's fairly small (I usually blow it up all
the way and then let air out... This makes it rounder).
- Cut strips of tissue paper about 1 inch wide by 4 inches long.
- 'paint' white glue onto the balloon with the paint brush (you can
dilute 1/2 glue and 1/2 water or just use the glue at full strength,
depending on how many of these you're doing).
- Lay the strips of tissue paper onto the balloon, covering completely
except for a hole at the top where the balloon tie is.
- When dry, pop the balloon and take out the pieces through the hole.
- Insert small wrapped candies through the hole.
- Glue a square of tissue paper over the hole.
- With a black marker or cut out pieces of construction paper make a face.
Printable version of these instructions