more crafts: [Leaves and Trees] [Scarecrows] [Sunflowers] [Wreaths] [Other Autumn]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Autumn Tree Craft
There are variations on this craft depending on which templates you print and how messy you want to get. You can either:
- Print the Trunk and the Leaves and paste them together. (Like the picture to the right.)
the Leaves and decorate a "homemade" trunk (to make the trunk, trace your
child's arm from the elbow up, including the fingers, like the picture to
- Print the trunk and decorate with "handprint" leaves (fingerpaint)
You can also go outside and collect real fall leaves and paste those on
like the picture to the right.
- something to colour with,
- You will also need fingerpaints if you choose the third option.
- You will need to collect some leaves from outsite if you choose the
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary. (For a change of pace, try using different mediums than you typically do, such as paints or pastels). Pastels
smudged make really nice fall leaves!
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance. Don't worry too much about getting the tree branches cut out perfectly.
We'll cover any remaining white space with leaves.
- Glue template pieces together or make handprint leaves, depending on the Alternative you chose.
- You can glue the entire tree to a decorated background (blue construction paper, with green tissue paper for grass and white cotton balls for clouds
works very nicely!).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).