DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Autumn Handprint Wreath
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
I love handprint crafts! I save each one in a special binder and peek at them every so often. It's fun to compare and see how they've grown.
- yellow, orange, and red paint
- construction paper
- There are two ways to do this craft. One is to trace the child's hand onto paper and cut out the prints. The second is to make paint handprints
on the paper and cut those out.
- Make nine handprints (3 of each colour).
- Cut out the prints and glue to form a wreath.
- You can decorate the wreath further with pictures (like leaves, pumpkins or corn). These can be:
- hand drawn artwork by the children,
- pictures from colouring books, magazines or fliers
- or use the templates of leaves I've attached below
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions