more crafts: [Baskets] [Bunnies] [Chicks] [Eggs] [Lambs] [Religious] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Stone Easter Eggs
It's fun to wrap different textures of cloth around the eggs to experiment with how they turn out. We found that cheese cloth worked the best for us.
- hard boiled egg(s)
- store bought dye (food coloring + vinegar works well!)
- cheese cloth or nylons
- string or twist tie
- Mix dye according to package directions.
- Cover the eggs tightly with cheese cloth or nylons. Tie with
string or twist tie.
- Dye eggs as directed on dye package.
- Let dry.
- When you remove the nylons, you'll have a splotchy stone look to the eggs
Optional: before wrapping in the cheese cloth, dip the cheese cloth into a darker dye color. Wring out and then wrap the egg. Dye eggs with a lighter dye color.