This project combines a child's artistic skills with regular Easter egg dying techniques. You can use store bought dye or the home made variety.
A friend (daddy) may need to hold the egg while you decorate!
- hard boiled egg(s)
- wax crayons (the waxier the better... In this case cheap crayons are better than crayolas)
- Easter Egg dye: store bought dye or home made
- Draw pictures or designs with wax crayon. Even white wax crayon will be useful for this project.
- Dip in dye.
- Let dry.
- The dye won't soak through the crayon! I find cheap crayons work best for this project (crayolas don't have quite enough wax in them though they do work ok).
- An adult may need to help hold the egg while the child draws their pictures on it... At least the first time until they get the hang of it.