DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Crayon Easter Eggs
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This project combines a child's artistic skills with regular Easter
egg dying techniques. You can use store bought dye or the home
A friend (daddy) may need to hold the egg while you decorate!
- hard boiled egg(s)
- wax crayons (the waxier the better... In this case cheap crayons are
better than crayolas)
- Easter Egg dye: store bought dye or home
- Draw pictures or designs with wax crayon. Even white wax crayon
will be useful for this project.
- Dip in dye.
- Let dry.
- The dye won't soak through the crayon! I find cheap crayons work
best for this project (crayolas don't have quite enough wax in them
though they do work ok).
- An adult may need to help hold the egg while the child draws their
pictures on it... At least the first time until they get the hang of it.
Printable version of these instructions