DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Sailboat Card for Father's Day
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Good shapes and colors practice.
Poem to write on the bottom of the boat:
"I'd sail the seven seas for you, Daddy!"
"I'd sail the seven seas for you, Grandpa!"
You can glue this to the front of a construction paper card or as a
"gift tag" on a wrapped present. The bottom of the boat
unfolds to reveal a hidden message.
- Have the child trace a small plate (dessert plate) on a piece of
- Cut out the circle (adult assistance may be required).
- Fold the circle in half.
- A message can be written inside.
- on the outside, write, "I'd sail the seven seas for you,
- Have the child cut a long strip of black construction paper (or use a
popsicle stick) for the mast
- Make the sails one of two ways:
- make a two fingerpaint handprints on contrasting colored construction
paper. Cut out a rough triangle shape around the handprints
- Trace two hands onto a piece of construction paper. Cut out and
glue to a contrasting triangle of construction paper
Printable version of these instructions