This is a cute, simple paper craft that results in a 3D ornament you can hang around the room. The craft features a common remembrance day phrase ("Lest We Forget") and poppies which makes it perfect for a remembrance day themed craft and decoration.
- something to color with (if using the B&W version),
- hole punch,
- string, thread, ribbon or wool.
- Optional: thin cardboard
- Print out the template you would like to use and color it, if you picked the black and white version.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Fold each piece in half (on the dashed line) so they are all colored on both the front and the back.
- Optional: Put thin cardboard in between the front and back of each template piece to make them a bit sturdier.
- Glue together so the pieces are colored on both sides.
- 3D Poppies:
- Cut on one of the dotted lines of each template piece (only cut as far as the dotted line goes, not all the way through the piece).
- Slide the pieces together, top to bottom
- Glue a piece of ribbon, string or thread onto the top (or hole punch a small hole and tie a ribbon through). If you hole punch, do it through the acorn that is cut from the bottom, not the one that is cut from the top.
- Lest We Forget Sign:
- punch three holes in the bottom of the squirrel template (one in the center and one on each edge).
- String one acorn through each of the holes so it hangs down from the squirrel.
- Punch a hole in the bottom of the middle acorn and string the fourth acorn through that hole.
- Print as many copies of template 3 as you like and keep adding acorns to the bottom of the other acorns and the squirrel to make a very busy fall scene!
- 'numbers practice' -- count the poppies.
- 'colors practice' -- color the background of each poppy a different color.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).