DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Reindeer Milk Carton Container
|This makes a wonderful container to send home
treats after a Christmas party at school, daycare or your home.
Or make one of these to place by the fireplace to hold the "stocking
overflow". Santa always brings us more than our stockings will
hold... er, except for daddy who has a stocking large enough to hold a
small sports car!
This is appropriate for ages 3+. Older children may prefer the
Materials you will need for the reindeer container are:
- an empty 2 litre (1/2 gallon) milk carton.
- a printer (optional).
- glue or tape.
- 2 sheets of white construction paper or typing paper.
- brown paint, markers or crayons
- Paint or color your white paper brown (we painted it) and Let dry.
- Print out the template of choice or make your own template pieces,
whichever you prefer.
- Color template pieces (if you chose the B&W version).
- Cut out the pieces.
- You can glue the antlers onto a old cereal box to make them a bit
- Cut the top off a milk carton and discard the top (or save it for
a different craft). You can cut off as much of the top as you like...
it depends on how tall you want your container to be.
- Cover your milk carton with the brown paper (it takes about 2 pieces).
- Tape or glue the antlers and ears onto the back.
- Tape or glue the eyes, nose, mouth and eyebrows onto the front.
- Cut out a strip of cardboard or construction paper about 10 inches long
and glue to the sides of the container to use as a handle.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the
template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most
Printable version of these instructions