DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
Christmas Tree Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
There are two variations on this craft depending
on which templates you print and how messy you want to get.
You can either:
- Print the Bells and Holly and decorate a "homemade" trunk
(to make the trunk, trace your child's arm from the elbow up,
including the fingers).
- Print the Trunk and the Bells and Holly and paste them together.
If you want a very well covered tree, print two copies of the
Bells and Holly template.
- something to colour with,
- You will also need finger paint if you choose the first option.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary. (For a change of pace, try using
different mediums than you typically do, such as paints or pastels).
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
Don't worry too much about getting the tree branches cut out perfectly.
- Glue the bells and holly all over the tree to decorate.
- You can glue the entire tree to a decorated background (blue construction
paper, with green tissue paper for grass and white cotton balls for
clouds works very nicely!).
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions