crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
This Christmas tree paper craft provides a good opportunity to practice shapes -- it's made from triangles, squares, diamonds, circles and stars.
- Point out the different shapes used (circle, rectangle, diamond, triangle, star).
- Count the sides of the different shapes.
- Sort the 4 triangles from largest to smallest.
- a piece of paper,
- some crayons,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the triangles together to form a tree from largest (base) to smallest (top).
- Glue the rectangle trunk onto the bottom.
- "Decorate" as a Christmas Tree with star, diamonds and circles.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Alternate Decorating Ideas:
- Copy template onto Fun Foam or Felt for a more permanent tree. Poke a hole in the top to make a christmas tree ornament.
- Cut out wallet sized picture of child and paste in center of tree. If you used paper to make the tree, you can put clear contact paper/mactac over top and bottom to make it sturdier. If you used fun foam or felt you don't need to. Poke a hole in the top to make a Christmas Tree Ornament that is a great gift for Grandparents! (You can use marker to mark the year on the trunk).
- Colour in the tree decorations (star, diamonds and circles) with glitter glue or sparkles).