DLTK's Christmas Crafts for Kids
Reindeer Candy Cane Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a cute reindeer craft that you can hang on the tree as an ornament or attach to a gift as a special decoration. This is a great project
for an older sibling (9 thru 13) to make for their little brother or sister for Christmas.
The project requires use of a hot glue gun (a low temp craft version works great). Children should be supervised one on one by an adult
while using the glue gun.
- candy cane,
- red or brown pipecleaner,
- small wiggle eyes,
- small red beads,
- red ribbon,
- hot glue gun - you could try using regular white glue, but it would be a real challenge to get everything to stay stuck on.
- Fold the pipe cleaner in half and twist it around the top of the candy cane.
- Bend some zig zags in both sides of the pipe cleaner to make it look more like an antler.
- Put a dot of hot glue where the pipe cleaner touches the candy cane to hold it in place.
- Hot glue the red bead to the tip of the candy cane.
- Hot glue the wiggly eyes just under the antlers.
- Tie a piece of red ribbon in a bow around the long part of the candy cane about half way up. Again you could put a dab of hot glue to hold
the ribbon in place.
Printable version of these instructions