crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
Thanks to Sara for sharing this idea with us!
"I tried this project with my Sparks last year. You may want
to substitute or include Cheerios for this project. Younger children
may have trouble with the popcorn and the Cheerios will make things a little
easier for them."....Leanne
Materials and Tools:
- long thin needle
- heavy duty thread
- small buttons
- a large bag of popcorn (and/or Cheerios)
- fresh hard cranberries.
- Thread needle with the heavy duty thread.
- Put a large knot in one end and string a button to hold the popcorn and cranberries on the thread.
- Begin to string the popcorn and the berries on the thread. You can
experiment with different designs:
- You could try alternating popcorn and cranberries or string three pieces of popcorn and three cranberries.
- Whatever you like, just run the needle through the berries lengthwise.
- You could also make a chain of just popcorn and one of just cranberries.
- When you have finished your chain, put another small button on the end along with several knots to hold it securely.
- You can string some with all popcorn, some with all cranberries and some that alternate popcorn and cranberries in a pretty pattern.