crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
A simple tp roll craft that makes a cute little ornament that looks like a poinsettia flower. If you use acrylic paint it dries quickly and allows you to complete this craft in a little more than an hour.
- toilet paper roll,
- red paint (we used acrylic),
- Optional: string, thread, ribbon or wool.
- Paint the outside of the toilet paper roll red.
- Let dry.
- Cut the roll into five rings of equal width. (An adult may need
to help with this part.)
- Press each ring to fold it in half but do not crease them to much. They should bounce back a little but remain oval shaped.
- Arrange the five oval rings in a circle to look like a flower.
- Glue each of the rings together at the point where they touch. If you are going to hang the poinsettia be sure to glue a piece of string (or thread, or ribbon, or wool) between two of the oval 'petals'.
- OPTIONAL: Paint the inside of the petals red after the glue dries.