DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
tree Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This paper tree craft is very easy for
young children to make and it turns out really cute.
they love the little face on the tree.
This photo was taken about ten years ago... Kaitlyn made the tree for mommy's fridge when she was five or six. I still take it out and proudly hang it all these years later -- it's a
little crumpled now, but I still love it! Something about the way she put the raised eyebrow over the one eye makes me smile every year it's time to decorate for Christmas.
- some crayons (or markers or paint),
- Print out the template of choice (color or B&W).
- Colour or paint the template pieces.
- Cut out the template pieces (may require adult assistance,
but they're pretty quick to cut out).
- Glue the face onto the tree. The two "swoopy" things (as my 6 year old put it) are eyebrows. The ornament is the nose.
- You can add the child's name and the year onto the back.
- You can glue this craft onto large butcher paper or plain
wrapping paper to make personalized gift wrap or onto the front of a large
piece of construction paper to make a card.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions