crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
This Christmas tree is made entirely of handprints and was suggested by a number of people who use this website. Use a heavy paper, craft foam or posterboard for a longer lasting version.
- some crayons,
- printer if you choose to use the templates.
- Trace the child's hands many times (at least 10) on green paper/craft foam. Alternatively you could make green paint handprints on paper (it's fun to let the paint squish between your fingers when you're two!).
- Cut out the handprints and glue them together with fingertips facing down to form a tree shape (see picture above).
- Glue a brown rectangle trunk (can use the one in the template or make your own).
- Decorate with stickers or the template ornaments provided. The templates look nice when highlighted/coloured in with sparkle glue.
- You can also add the child's name and the year.
- Add a string if you wish to hang on the tree.
- You can use LOTS of handprints to make a tree big enough to hang on the door.
- You could glue a picture of the child in the center of the tree for a keepsake and ornament combo.
- You can also use it as a lovely personalized gift tag guaranteed to make the grandparents smile *grin*
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).