crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Beaver Wreath Craft
Here is a Christmas ornament with a Canadian twist!
But if you don't like beavers, you could call it a woodchuck (er,
I mention this because when my daughter first saw it she exclaimed
"mommy what a cute woodchuck" *grin*). The craft is also good
for "Beaver" troops (part of the boy scout movement).
- a printer,
- a piece of paper... .
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- ribbon, string or wool.
- something hard as a base, like cardboard, a margarine container lid or a frozen juice can lid.
- Christmas wrapping paper,
- Christmas stickers.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Cut a circle about the right size for the wreath (doesn't
have to be exact) from cardboard or a margarine container lid.
Or just use a frozen juice can lid.
- Either paint the circle a Christmas colour or cover with gift wrap or coloured paper.
- Glue the wreath onto the circle.
- Glue the beaver into the center of the wreath and the hat onto the beaver.
- Glue the Christmas message onto the top or bottom of the wreath.
- Decorate further (as desired) with Christmas stickers.
- Attach a string, ribbon or wool as a hanger so you can
hang on the Christmas tree (either by poking a hole in the base and
threading the string through or by attaching well with tape).
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).