crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Holiday Activities
Hang near your stockings, on a doorknob or on the Christmas tree, filled with candy or small toys (beanies are a perfect size!) for the kids to
find on Christmas morning. Or have the kids make it as a crafty gift holder for their parent, grandparent or sibling's gifts! Add
one of the gift tags so folks know who it's to and from.
- ribbon (to hang it with) and
- a piece of paper.
- something to color with (for B&W version)
- lace (to decorate the top edge with)
- thin cardboard like empty cereal boxes (to reinforce with)
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate.
- Optional: glue the template
piece to a thin piece of cardboard. If you use this option, you'll
need to staple the cone shut instead of taping or gluing. This will
enable you to put heavier things in your cone.
- Cut the pieces out. (Cutting may require adult assistance and can be pre-done). Cut along the solid lines only!
- Optional: Use the template decorations to decorate further (I haven't done this in the photos, but it
would make the craft more "crafty". The third basket is
fairly plain and looks good with these decorations.
- Optional: Add lace along the straight edge (top edge) of the template piece (see the photo of the
basket with the penguin in it for how this looks)
- See the picture above if you're confused as to
how to put this together. The kids think it's pretty "magical" how the flat piece of paper turns
into a cone!
- If you look at the bottom of the half circle (the straight part), you'll see the "glue here".
- Glue, staple or tape the side on the right to the side on the left.
- Tape on a ribbon handle
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 2: (color) only