crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
You can arrange this from 24 down to 1 (a countdown) or from 1 up to Christmas. I always do it from 1 to Christmas as it encourages the kids to count the days that are remaining until Christmas -- it never hurts to sneak in a bit of counting practice *grin*.
Let the kids break into one of the cups each day until Christmas.
- toilet paper rolls (13)
- construction paper,
- black marker
- small wrapped candy
- Optional: paint
- Optional: bow
- Cut 13 toilet paper rolls in half.
- Paint the toilet paper rolls or cover them with construction paper.
- Cut circles out of construction paper (just trace around one of the
largest toilet paper roll ends to get the size of the circle).
- You can fold the paper in half a few times so you get more than one
circle at a time.
- You can fold the paper in half a few times so you get more than one circle at a time.
- Glue a circle onto one end of each tp roll half.
- Let dry.
- Drop a small candy into each little tp roll cup that you've created.
- Glue a circle onto the top of each tp roll half.
- Let dry.
- Use a black marker to write the numbers 1 thru 25 onto the closed tp
- Tape two pieces of construction paper together to make one large sheet
(or use a piece of poster board).
- Arrange the cups in whatever way you wish and glue them onto the poster
board (we just made a rectangle, but you could arrange them into a Christmas
tree shape, a candy cane shape or a wreath shape).
- Add a bow if desired.