DLTK's Crafts for Kids
3D Star Paper Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
This is a cute, simple paper craft that results in a 3D ornament you can hang around the room.
- Green and red for Christmas.
- Red, white and blue for the Fourth of July.
- Yellow and white for outer space themes.
- paper (I prefer construction paper as it's a bit sturdier)
- Optional: crayons (or paint, markers, etc)
- string, thread, ribbon or wool.
- Print template and color as desired.
- Cut out the template pieces (may require adult assistance and can be done
- Cut on one of the dotted line right up to the center.
- Pick out the two matching stars (this is good practice for young children!).
Slide the stars together, top to bottom
all I have is the snowflake image to show you how it's done.
- Glue a ribbon or thread onto the top (or hole punch a small hole and tie a ribbon
through (I used a thread and it worked really well).
- instead of simply coloring the template, here are some thoughts for
- gold, red or green sparkles or sparkle glue.
- Salt Drip
- 3 parts flour
- 1 part salt
- food coloring (red would be nice)
Mix together 3 parts flour, 1 part salt, food coloring, and enough water to make a dripping consistency but not too
runny. Use a popsicle stick to drip onto paper shapes.
Will dry hard and sparkly.
- grated chalk (take a piece of sidewalk or chalkboard chalk and rub it
with course sandpaper to get chalk dust. Pour the dust over glue
covered paper. Yellow chalk would be nice.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions