DLTK's Holiday Crafts for Kids
for Winter Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple cut and paste paper doll craft that's loads of fun for children to make during or in contemplation of winter.
We used this paper craft in conjunction with set 2 of the word wall words and tracer pages
to reinforce our "winter clothes" vocabulary word practice.
- a printer,
- glue, and
- something to colour with.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (if making the black and white craft).
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance. I usually let my youngest cut the large pieces (like the pants) and
I cut out the more complicated pieces (like the mittens).
- Glue the pieces together:
- glue the boots onto the feet.
- glue the mittens onto the hands.
- glue the hat onto the head.
- glue the pants onto the legs.
- glue the jacket onto the body.
- glue the scarf around the neck.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 1 (color)
Template 2 (color)
Printable version of these instructions