I've made a simple Valentine's Day sudoku puzzle using a 4x4 grid for preschoolers and kindergarten children. I've also made a regular Valentine's Day themed sudoku puzzle for older children and adults to enjoy.
Sudoku is an increasingly popular Japanese number puzzle where a 9x9
grid must be filled in with no numbers repeating in a row, column or
square. I find the full fledged Sudoku to be too challenging for most
elementary school children so have designed a modified 4x4 grid version
with fun themed images (to be honest, I still find the 4x4 sometimes
takes me some thought to complete!)
- Print out the Valentine's Day template of your choice.
- Complete the Valentine's Day sudoku puzzle making sure no image is repeated in a row, a column or a square. You can draw the images in or just use the numbers that correspond to the image.
- Alternative: You can print out a copy of the answer key and cut out the individual squares. Give these squares to the child to paste onto the puzzle template to solve it (sometimes it is easier for the kids to solve the puzzles when they have the shapes in front of them to play with)
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).