SLOW-COOKED APPLES AND PORK
contributed by Blair!
- 3-4 pounds boneless pork or boneless pork chops
- 3 pounds applesauce
- 2 tablespoons apple pie spice (mixture of cinnamon, cloves, and
- 6 small red potatoes, whole
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut in chunks
- 2 cups white pearl onions, peeled and left whole
- 2 firm tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thin
Remove any visible fat from pork; cut in large chunks. Combine applesauce and spice in a large, heavy pot or crockpot. Add meat.
Cover tightly; cook on medium heat 10 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook at least 4 hours and as long as 10 hours.
One hour before serving, add potatoes, carrots, and onions. Fifteen minutes before serving, add apple slices.
To serve, remove meat, vegetables, and apples to a large platter and pour 1 cup of sauce over all. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
Visit our printable recipes section to print this recipe on 3x5, 4x6 or full page.