more crafts: [Natives] [Pilgrims] [Turkeys] [Other Thanksgiving Crafts] [Other Autumn Crafts]
contributed by Melisa
"I love this site and tell all my friends and fellow teachers about it. My school has a food drive every year like a lot of schools do . This year I made a big turkey for the kids to stuff with food."
- construction paper,
- large, clean trash can
- brown butcher paper.
- First I cut out some big feathers from different colors of construction paper. (about 4X11) -- then I gave them to all the teachers in my center and had the children in their class decorate them with colorful feathers.
- When they gave them back I went to work putting the turkey together. Take a large clean trash can and wrap it with brown butcher paper.
- Cut out a body for the turkey and attach it to the brown paper.
- Then start taping the feathers that the kids decorated around the body of the turkey.
- I added a face to the turkey, of course (just use markers to draw a simple turkey face on a piece of brown butcher paper).
- Add a sign above that read " Help us stuff the turkey".
- The kids all love it and they look for the feather they decorated. We will see how many days it takes to stuff the turkey.