more crafts: [Natives] [Pilgrims] [Turkeys] [Other Thanksgiving Crafts] [Other Autumn Crafts]
This is a fun craft to do with the entire extended family.
The child can hand a slip of paper (tail piece) to each family
member and ask them to write what they are thankful for.
After everyone has made their contribution, the child can assemble
- a printer,
- glue, and
- something to colour with.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate).
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance. I usually let my youngest cut the large pieces (like the tail pieces) and I cut out the more complicated pieces (like the wings).
- Print what you're thankful for on one of the pieces of the tail.
- You can have everyone in the family fill out a strip and print their name on the back of the strip.
- Children can imagine what family members who aren't able to contribute might be thankful for and add those (ex: baby brothers, pets, special stuffed toys).
- Glue the pieces together:
- Glue the head onto the body.
- Glue the wobbler under the beak.
- Glue the "Give Thanks" sign onto the front of the body.
- Glue the wings onto the body.
- Glue the tail pieces behind the body
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).