DLTK's Crafts for Kids:
This is a cute but
very simple craft. I think it would be a nice one for younger kids
to make for Halloween if they're not really into wearing a big fancy
costume (both my girls were like that at age 2).
Sunshine Mask Craft
It would also be nice for a
class or daycare to make for a spring or summer party. They could
parade around like sunshines and sing songs/rhymes like "You are
My Sunshine" or "Mr.
It's fun to do with the flower
- a paper plate or a circle of
cardboard (see the turkey
wreath for how to make a circle of cardboard)
- Construction paper (yellow and orange)
- popsicle stick, tongue depressor
or unsharpened pencil
- Print out the template or just
cut out triangles from construction paper (we folded the paper in quarters
and got 4 triangles per page.
- You can decorate the triangles with
markers or sparkles to make the craft a bit more complicated.
- Have an adult cut the center out
of the paper plate so the child's head becomes the center of the sunshine.
- Glue the triangles all the way
around the edge - we glued all the orange ones first so the tips were just
touching, then we glued the yellow ones so they overlapped the orange).
- Glue on a popsicle stick or
unsharpened pencil as a handle (you might want to add a bit of tape to
- Now the child can peek through
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions