more crafts: [Flowers] [Hot Air Balloons] [Ice Cream] [Insects] [Sports] [Other]
The dandelion is a color, cut and paste paper template craft with a twist. Toothpicks and a torn up cotton ball become the dandelion seed fluffs!
The craft goes very well with the children's book The Dandelion Seed.
- something to color with,
- flat toothpicks,
- cotton ball
- Option: instead of toothpicks and a cotton ball you could just q-tips -- though we found the flat toothpicks easiest to glue onto the paper
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Using scissors, carefully cut the bottom off the tempate along the dotted line (the bottom has the leaves).
- Color the dandelion leaves green.
- Color the rest of the page if you like; we colored the skies blue, the grass green and added a round sun in the top corner -- have fun decorating as you like, you could even add things like raindrops, ladybugs and butterflies!
- Cut out the dandelion leaves.
- Glue the dandelion leaves onto the craft page beside the stem.
- Glue flat toothpicks on the faint dotted lines.
- Pull apart a cotton ball.
- Glue a small fluff of cotton ball to the end of each of the toothpicks.
- Let everything dry before you start moving the craft around. The toothpicks will slip or even fall off if you hang it on the fridge before it's completely dry (yes... I'm speaking from personal experience *blush*)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).