DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Flower Wreath
This is good scissor skills practice for kindergarten children - the flowers are all circles, making them fairly easy to cut out.
- something to color with
- a paper plate
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape. This will form the base of the wreath. (This may
require adult assistance.
- Print out the template pieces - you may wish to print 2 or 3 copies of the template depending on how full you want your wreath to be --
our photo is just one template.
- Color the flowers (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces. This will take quite awhile -- you can provide assistance if you like (depending on the patience of
- Glue your paper flowers to completely cover your paper plate "donut".
- You can tie a bow and paste it on to decorate further.
- You can put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- You can do these as a group with younger children -- let each child cut out and color one or two flowers, possibly print their names on
it, and glue it on the group wreath.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).