DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Spring Tree Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
There are two variations on this craft depending on which templates you print and how messy you want to get. You can either:
- Print the Flowers and decorate a "homemade" trunk (to make the trunk, trace your child's arm from the elbow up, including
- Print the Trunk and the Flowers and paste them together.
If you want a very well covered tree, print two copies of the flowers template.
- something to colour with.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary. (For a change of pace, try using different mediums than you typically do, such as paints or pastels).
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
Don't worry too much about getting the tree branches cut out perfectly.
- Glue the spring flowers all over the tree to decorate.
- You can glue the entire tree to a decorated background (blue construction paper, with green tissue paper for grass and white cotton balls for
clouds works very nicely!).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions