more crafts > [Chicks] [Flowers] [Insects] [Lambs] [Other Spring Crafts]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Bird House Craft
Welcome spring with this cheerful little bird house craft, simple enough for young crafters. Have older children
trace the pieces onto fun foam to make it a more complex project.
- something to color with (B&W version),
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this step -- I usually give little hands template 1 while I work on cutting
out template 2).
- Glue the bird house together -- here's how we did it (though you can let the children arrange the pieces themselves to add their own
- Glue the checkered border on the bottom of the house
- Glue the birds, facing each other, right above the checkers
- Glue the heart-shaped hole for the birds to fly through in about the center of the house
- Glue the "Springtime" label above the hole
- Glue the roof onto the top of the house and decorate it with the flowers
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
- You need both templates to complete this project.