DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Stained Glass Poppy Craft
Use this as a craft you can hang in your window or on
the fridge. We made ours a red and green poppy, but you could make
white with a black center or any other colors you like.
Optional: use clear contact paper instead
of waxed paper. This is a bit more expensive, but eliminates the
need for glue so is not as messy.
We also have a wax paper and
melted crayon version of this stained glass craft.
- waxed paper.
- tissue paper (reds or whites and greens or blacks)
- construction paper (we used black)
- Tear tissue paper into 1 inch squares (ish).
- Take a square piece of waxed paper.
- Glue the red tissue paper to the waxed paper in a random
- Let dry.
- Print out the template.
- Use a couple of small pieces of tape to temporarily tape
the template onto a piece of construction paper.
- Cut out the inside of the poppy to make a hole in the
paper (I cut a circle in the center to get Kaitlyn started and then let her
cut out the rest of the shape.
- Glue or tape the waxed paper to the back of the
construction paper so the colored tissue paper shows through the poppy
- Add a couple of pieces of green tissue paper to the center
of the poppy
Printable version of these instructions