DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Remembrance Day Hands Wreath
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
I think personal touches like handprints are nice during solemn occasions like Remembrance Day.
If you happen to have some Veteran's attending the ceremony, you can respectfully ask if you can trace their hand to add them to a group wreath.
It's also nice to print each person's name on their handprint if you're making a group wreath.
- red paint or construction paper. (you can also use other colours that better represent your country).
- There are two ways to do this craft. One is to trace the child's
hand onto paper and cut out the prints. The second is to make paint
handprints on the paper and cut those out.
- Make eight handprints (4 of each colour).
- Cut out the prints and glue to form a wreath.
- You can decorate the wreath further with poppies using the templates
below (or other appropriate pictures).
- You can print out poppies to further decorate your wreath if you
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions