DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Sailor Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Paper crafts make terrific and simple projects that even toddlers can help put together.
For beginner scissor users, allow them to cut out the simple
pieces like the body, legs and feet while you cut out the more
complicated pieces like the collar.
Other crafts that go with this one include the Newspaper Sailor Hats and the
Veteran Sailor Paper Craft
- glue, and
- something to colour with.
- Print out the templates of choice
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
I usually let young children cut out the large pieces while I cut out
the smaller pieces.
- Glue the soldier together as follows:
- glue the pants onto the body
- glue the shirt onto the body
- glue the collar onto the shirt
- glue the hat onto the head
- glue shoes on the feet
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Sailor template 1 (color)
Sailor template 2 (color)
Printable version of these instructions