DLTK's Crafts for Kids
the Shamrock Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
I likely should have called him Sean the Shamrock (I think that's
the Irish spelling)... Either way, print him out, put him together
and make a wish! Shawn the Shamrock may well decide to bring
you a bit of extra luck this year if you do a good job.
- a printer,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue pieces onto the large shamrock to put Shawn together.
- Glue the legs to the very bottom of the stem
- Glue the tie onto the body (the stem)
- Glue the arms to the sides of the stem
- Glue the face to the shamrock.
Alternative Decorating Ideas:
- Use sequin or pompom for nose or wiggly eyes for the eyes.
- Use the template for the black and white printer on white paper
and colour in the pieces with crayon, marker, paint, etc.
- Use the template for the black and white printer on green coloured
- For the colour printer, we still liked making the body out of green
construction paper... it saves a bit of ink!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template 1 (face and limbs)
Printable version of these instructions